how to lose belly fat in 1 week

How Do You Get Faster Core Strength

This will help your speed so if you need to get faster listen up.

The reason why everybody is running faster than you may be because of your lack of core strength. The core is the glue that holds everything together. With a weak core you cannot be an elite athlete, and with a strong one you give yourself a fighting chance. I am not necessarily talking about having washboard abs because 

there are some who are still very weak with nice abs. When you run you activate your core and it has to be strong to raise your knees, point your hips forward and carry you to the finish line.

I found this out when I was in my Junior year in high school. I was running track and this particular day we were in practice and it was our first full out 100 meter sprint day to see where our speed was before the first 

track meet. Now the meet was about 2 weeks away but I felt confident. So I was in the fastest group because I am a competitor and truly wanted to see how I would be compared to the team's best.

We got in our blocks and the coach fired the starting gun. I shot out like I came out a cannon, and I was first for the first 30 meters and then all of a sudden, something happened. One by one everybody started passing me and by 100 meters I was literally the last one to cross the line. I felt like quitting and I knew that this 

would be so embarrassing if I came in last place 2 weeks from that day. So I got on Google and looked up "speed training Richmond Virginia" and Shane Syke's name came up in the search. I called him and told him my situation.

He told me to come in and he did an evaluation on me and noticed a lot of things that required extreme work. One of the main things was the lack of strength in my core. From that day I worked very hard with 

Shane and every workout we would do massive work on my core. We did planks, ab work, back strength, etc. etc. between every power lift and run.

When the meet came, I bet most people had counted me out from coming in the top 3. I got in my blocks made sure I had my core tight and exploded out and guess what, the guys did not catch me and I came in 1st place. This is something that I took with me in College at Ohio University and into the NFL. I wasn't ever known for "natural" Speed but with work I worked with what God gave me and got better.

Focus on your core strength with various exercises that work your back, abs, butt, hips, and upper thigh.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More